Global Green and Healthy Hospitals
The NHS SDU
encourages all NHS organisations to sign up and commit to 2 objectives as part of a
wider global participation in environmental sustainability.
The 10 objectives are:
- LEADERSHIP: Prioritise Environmental Health
- CHEMICALS: Substitute Harmful Chemicals with Safer Alternatives
- WASTE: Reduce, Treat and Safely Dispose of Healthcare Waste
- ENERGY: Implement Energy Efficiency and Clean, Renewable Energy Generation
- WATER: Reduce Hospital Water Consumption and Supply Potable Water
- TRANSPORTATION: Improve Transportation Strategies for Patients and Staff
- FOOD: Purchase and Serve Sustainably Grown, Healthy Food
- PHARMACEUTICALS: Safely Manage and Dispose of Pharmaceuticals
- BUILDINGS: Support Green and Healthy Hospital Design and Construction
- PURCHASING: Buy Safer and More Sustainable Products and Materials
To join the network and to support the agenda then please visit the website click here.