It is hoped that Sustainable Health SW will be an exemplar project, and provide a model for similar projects and associated Sustainability Networks across the country.
The NHS in the South West is often help up as an example of a region where sustainable development and focus on climate change is high. The excellent work done by many of the NHS trusts across the region has been used in national publications demonstrating best practice, and the enthusiasm for the NHS to take a leading role around climate change was evident from the 92% response rate of NHS trusts in the South West to the recently published NHS Carbon Reduction Strategy.
SustNav is a charity providing not-for-profit sustainability services and champion lasting solutions. SustNav works with you to boost the efficiency, resilience and broader benefits of what you do. Please visit www.sustnav.org.uk for more information.
The project aims:
- To promote and support effective sustainable policy and practice within the region’s NHS Trusts.
- To promote the engagement of NHS Trusts with the Sustainable Health SW initiative through the provision and development of guidance, networking, training and events. This will be supported by new health and sustainability web pages on the SustNav Modules website - www.SustNavModules.org.uk - and (this) custom built information website.
- To develop and assist with regional and local NHS led projects, and to share good practice gained from those projects.
- To assist with integrating sustainable health priorities into wider policy (including the new Single Regional Strategy) and delivery across the region as part of the wider delivery of sustainable development.
- To promote the wider integration of health and well being as a key component in the development of, and in support of, sustainable communities.